Senior DevOps Engineer
We are an upcoming Enterprise SaaS Start-Up Company focused on automating complex business processes. RightRev is founded by a young and aspiring disruption entrepreneur in the Accounting SaaS market who has proven experience in creating products and market opportunities by attracting big enterprise companies to use the technology. At RightRev, we’re committed to providing the most seamless and integrated revenue recognition solutions for modern businesses. We are the most sought after ‘Lead to Revenue Automation Software’ On Salesforce AppExchange Platform.
We are hiring experienced Senior DevOps Engineers in Chennai. If you are dedicated and ambitious, we are an excellent place to grow with.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Utilize various open source technologies
- Use various tools to orchestrate solutions
- Build independent web-based tools, microservices and solutions
- Write scripts and automation using Perl/Python/Groovy/Java/Bash
- Configure and manage data sources like MySQL, Mongo, Elasticsearch, Redis, Hadoop, Kubernetes, etc
- Understand how various systems work.
- Understand how IT operations are managed
- Manage source control including Bitbucket and GIT
- Work with various folks in engineering and find the tweak points and implement the fix in the real environment.
- handle escalation and prioritise the issues as per the needs.
- Responsible for the infrastructure, network and security aspects of the IT managed public cloud environments
- Interface and work closely with various R&D and IT Groups (Architects, Developers, Product Managers)
- Develop CI/CD pipelines for internal business units.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- 5 + years of experience spanning at least two IT disciplines, including technical architecture, application
- development, or operations
- Team lead experience required
- Knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes
- Strong understanding of application development methodologies
- Adept at evaluating problems accurately and displaying sound judgment
- Familiarity with a broad portfolio of AWS infrastructure tools (EBS, S3, EC2, Elastic IP, Route 53, VPC, WAF, Sheild) and
- experience with cloud infrastructure management and automation technologies (Chef, Puppet)
- Scripting (shell, python, ruby) skills for monitoring and automation – Anyone would do.
- Continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Hudson, etc.
- Experience optimizing applications, both stand-alone and in distributed systems to maximize performance
- Experience maintaining infrastructure and ensuring stability while adding new features
- Ability to clearly articulate design and implementation choices
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Possess a strong grasp of automation tools
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Experience working in a research or academic environment is preferred.
- Provide support for Production, DR and lower environments making sure the platform is stable and highly available.
- Strong experience in application deployment and monitoring. Experience with Prometheus or similar tools is preferable.
- Have experience in production support and managing/administrating platforms or orchestration of Container platforms;
- Willing to work providing support coverage for extended hours on a rotation basis;
- Willing to learn new technology and acquire new skills.