Cyber Security Specialists
Cyber security specialists assess, plan, and enact security measures to help protect an RightRev from security breaches and attacks on its computer networks and systems.
This job involves simulating attacks to identify vulnerabilities, testing new software to help protect the RightRev’s data, and helping users adhere to new regulations and processes to ensure the network stays safe.
This role is responsible for daily and real-time monitoring of cyber security tooling and environments and the provision of Level I and II cyber security incident management to include:
Detection and Analysis, Containment, Eradication, Recovery, Reporting, and Remediation. (Triage, Incident Handling and Threat Hunting) In addition to monitoring and incident management, the position is responsible for providing cyber security subject matter expertise, service management, and hands-on administration of advanced cyber security tooling as assigned.
The role will require working within the Security Operations Centre (SOC) and requires flexibility across all time zones as it involves engagement with colleagues from all locations of the global business.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Monitor cyber information, events, alerts, and ticketing queues to identify security events and threats across multiple technologies to ensure security incidents are identified timely.
- Audit, Detect and Remediate critical Security exposures
- Proactively research and maintain a proficiency in current and emerging threats, vulnerabilities and security technology developments
- Evaluate and utilise intelligence for new threats and vulnerabilities to ensure protective monitoring is capable of detecting potential new attacks
- Provide assurance of security posture through monitoring security system status
- Respond to tickets and incidents as assigned
- Support the incident and problem response process through to closure;
- Act as Level II SME escalation; work with internal and external individuals in preparation and when necessary remediation/suppression
- Support, maintain and tune security tooling and systems as assigned
- Support and maintain operational procedures and documentation
- Ensure timely accurate communications of alerts to stakeholders responding to escalations, or will escalate if required as per the agreed processes
- Work collaboratively with BIS teams to position information security as a key enabler within each service area
- Make recommendations of counter-measures, mitigating controls, best practice configuration and processes to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency within security operations Proactively support the secure delivery of BIS strategies and delivery objectives
- Help and Support Yearly SOC and Other Compliance with RightRev.
- Minimum four-year degree specific to information/cybersecurity or equivalent experience
- Minimum two+ years hands-on firewall administration – preferably in a SOC environment
- Experience in any scripting language like: Python, Perl, Shell etc.
- Experience in CI, CD Tools is a plus
- AWS Certification is a plus.
- Python, Bash, Perl Scripting experience
- Ansible, Puppet, AWS Cloud Formation
- Docker, AWS EC2 Container Service (ECS)
- Linux Administration
- Experience in AWS Security WAF / AWS Shield
- Professional information security certifications such as CompTIA Security+, CISSP, CISM, CCNA Security, CCNP Security, CEH, GIAC, or CISA required
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage with a variety of different people
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving capabilities with attention to detail
- Ability to work well with others, with an emphasis on virtual teams across multiple time zones
- Recognise and respond to potential, successful, and unsuccessful cyber-attacks and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of the relevant event detail
- Passionate, Self-motivated and driven, with keen attention to detail, action-and-results oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills as well as strong logical, analytical, problem solving skills and reporting skills.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience within a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Adapt to Startup Culture